Photo shows Iredell Memorial Hospital and the surrounding area shortly after opening in 1954. The smaller building in the foreground is the Annex Building, which then served as a dormitory for nurses.
When Iredell Memorial Hospital opened in 1954, we were a 100-bed hospital with a mission focused on the well-being of the community we serve. Although we have grown to a 247-bed hospital to meet the needs of the community today, the buildings and grounds are still owned by the citizens of Iredell County and all revenue is reinvested in medical technology and staff. Because we are a not-for-profit hospital, our focus is on promoting health and wellness in our community, not on the bottom line.
Our dedication to our community is evident in the 5-star customer service awards we consistently receive. Because of the low turnover in staff and our high nurse-to-patient ratios, our patients receive continuity of care that is hard to find anywhere else. Our purpose is to provide advanced healthcare while maintaining the warmth and compassion of a community hospital, giving our patients the peace of mind that they are getting the best medical care available.